Building a startup come with unknowns. You as a founder, will want to naturally revert to what you know best.
- Builders build
- Marketers market
- Salesman sell
But that's not always the most helpful activity for you to do everyday.
The ultimate question you must ask yourself is: "What is the bottleneck to more revenue today?"
- Is it that the product is breaking and users are churning?
- Get the list of bugs, fix them
- Is it that you don't even have anybody looking at your landing page in the first place?
- Post your landing page in relevant Reddit, FB, Slack communities
- Is it that you can't get anybody to pay for the product?
- Get on call with customers or friends and learn why they will not pay
This question will determine what you need to work on today. Repeating this exercise daily inevitably gets you closer to your business goals while avoiding busywork where you isolate yourself for n months and come out with no real impact.